Thursday, February 25, 2010

Kraft day with "Aunt" Kate!

My "Aunt" Kate invited me to her house for a craft day! She's a real artist and has all kinds of cool and magic stuff in her house. But first, I wanted to make little boxes for the presents I had for her. Here I am hard at work in my mama's craft room:I made two matchbook boxes for a necklace and a pair of earrings. Here are my boxes--they match my polka dot jacket!Aunt Kate had the best project for me! A cute little birdie in a cage. I brought some of my own paper and she had everything we needed to cut the paper and put it together. Here is the one I made:
And here I am with Aunt Kate and our projects. Doesn't she look like a fun person? She really loves kids and I had a great time with her. Thank you Aunt Kate!Oh, and you just have to see this pretty corner of her sunroom...Mama says it's just "lovely".

Aaah, pretty! I can't wait for the next craft day!

2 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Arden you birdcage is beautiful. Now aren't you the cleaver one with matching paper and sweater. Sounds like you take after your Nana. She likes everything to match too. Your Aunt Kate looks like she's lot of fun. I look forward to seeing more crafts in the future. Great Job!

Kate Hanson said...

I just found your blog, Arden! I LOVE it! We need to have another craft day! I've been thinking of things to make. Have you?
Happy St. Patrick's Day!